Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A big thank you....

By Jon.

I would like to expand on the previous post written by Chris, specifically regarding Jason Giambi and his positive amphetamine test.

I would like to personally thank Mr. Giambi for making me look like a fool.

Just two days ago, I wrote this:

"One thing I do know, I support Jason Giambi. He sounds genuinely remorseful, and he is the only current player to be somewhat upfront about 'roids. He went through the motions in 2003, he got clean, he doesn't deserve to go through it again. The worst part about this whole thing is that the general baseball public agrees with him. MLB does owe it's fans an apology, especially older fans who lived through the dead-ball era and remembered a time where drugs didn't rule the sport."

I honestly feel like a significant other cheated on me. I mean, I stuck up for the guy. I fought for him, I even commented on how remorseful he sounded! And then he goes and fails an amphetamine test. Never have I been more personally offended by one athlete's actions. In fact, I can't remember a time where I was offended at all. Being a Buffalo sports fan, I usually approach sports with more cynicism than the average fan, but I truly believed that the Giambino cleaned up his act. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Thanks Jason, you've lost a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment