Saturday, June 9, 2007

A National Leauge of His Own

By Ryan


I still can't figure it out. Either J.D. Drew absolutely owns the D-Backs, or just really hates his brother.

I mean, it's pretty hard to usurp Josh Beckett from the spotlight when he goes 9-0 with 8 innings of five hit baseball, but two homers and 7 RBIs will make that happen when you've done nothing all season.

Here's the thing about Drew: I hate him. He looks lazy, uninterested, and hasn't produced up to the standards of his ridiculous $70 million contract. It also doesn't help when Kevin Youkilis and Dustin Pedroia are both hitting over .300, making Drew's .235 average look pedestrian at best.

I know it's hard to perform in front of the Boston media and fans, and he certainly doesn't need a blogger like me to be on his back, but I'm just here to offer some suggestions to make sure this surge continues. Because as much as I hate the guy, if he keeps going yard it's going to be tough to keep that act up.

Listen, I don't know if you just like showing off to the younger bro or if he stole your Legos back in the day, but that kid makes your swing golden.

Well, last time I checked his salary is only $1.5 mill. I say Theo buys out the kid's contract, straps some suspenders on him and places him on the bench for J.D's at bats. I know I could hit the ball 700 feet if Stephen Drew was screaming "You're gonna lose!!" at me while pretending to cry. I bet he would change his name to "Stillwell Angel" for an extra million.

Then again, even Julio Lugo went yard last night. It's probably just be an aberration.

No comments:

Post a Comment