Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday

by Ryan

I hate today.

Wednesday, the in medias res day of the week. Some may call it hump day and use it to start looks forward to the weekend, but I view see it completely different. Wednesday is the day where you are the absolute furthest from the weekend, and that means you are the furthest away from football.

We all know how great it feels to win, especially football games. There are only 16 of them, so when you win one it's that much more important. Right after a big game you will think anything is possible. We can make the playoffs. We can win the division. We can host a home playoff game. And so on and so on.

But all that eventually fades, and the worries you had all along come back. I'd say the good feeling a win brings will last about two days afterwards, which brings us to... Wednesday.

Today, I'm worried about everything.

It's one of those sick things being a sports fan does to you. No matter how good something looks I'm going to find the flaws and make sure I'm not quite comfortable. I don't want to get duped, none of us do. We've been there far too many times to go all the way with this thing, and 21 days isn't enough to get me okay with ANYTHING, let alone subject me fully to a football team.

Now I know I should be pretty comfortable with this weekend's game. The Rams are a complete mess, the Bills keep looking better, and Donte Whitner keeps saying all the right things. Still, I see Keller say what I'm secretly thinking in the comments, and then there's Roscoe.

By Friday I know I will be excited and only excited about Sunday, but right now... I'm worried. This is too fun, too good to be true, right?



Nah, we'll be okay.




This week.

3 comments:

  1. I think you need to learn how to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week was the wakeup call. The worry should be next week in Arizona.

    Just relax. If they are a good team. They will win this week and beat up a team that is quitting on their coach. Unlike the Raiders who played for their coach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is about as relaxed as I can be. Like I said, today I'm feeling better because the game is almost here. Just wait for the Wednesday post about the San Diego game...

    Future Prez is right though, the difference in coaches is something we will talk about...

    ReplyDelete