Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hurt at Work? Call the Law Offices of...

by Ryan

Yesterday was a slow one in the hockey world. I know that because this was one of the top stories on nhl.com.



Meet your new undrafted forward: Derek Whitmore.

Now tradition suggests that I go to Facebook and check this kid out, but that's not really why I bring this up. What is interesting to me is that I don't really remember a time when the Sabres would sign undrafted college kids just after their seasons ended, let alone two in consecutive days.

Now if I'm completely off here, feel free to let me know. In fact, I really am just bringing it up because I'm curious as to why. I've looked up past transactions around this time of year and nothing of note really came up with regards to graduating college players. Logically it does make sense to sign undrafted players now, but without knowing the terms or what kind of contract it does make it hard to speculate as to what is going on with the kids. (Maybe I should ask one of them...)

So I guess I'm asking you, the reader, if you have any idea what's going on. Is this the new frontier in finding affordable talent? Are we signing players to stock an AHL team in [City TBA] next year? Perhaps they will be the replacements for Jaro Spacek and Jason Pominville in the 2009-10 season?

One thing I do know is that Bowling Green has a sick logo, doesn't it? Also, "Kotska and Whitmore" sounds a lot like an attorney's office, so...

HURT AT WORK?

NEED A SETTLEMENT?



Call the Law Offices of Kostka and Whitmore
Your Personal Injury Attorneys

(555) 289-SLUG

7 comments:

  1. I just became friends with Mike Kostka on Facebook. When I saw my notification that my friend request had been accepted I laughed for about 2 solid minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha They do look like lawyers.

    Anne... you crack me up. "Oh, she's a Sabre fan... yup I'll add."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to go with the stocking the farm defense. They have to go from fielding a half a minor league team to a fielding a full one. Might as well take a risk on some college players than some retreads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, that phone number is only one number in the area code and one number in the last four (and a slight rearrangement) from being my home phone number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne,

    My friend request is pending...

    And 289,

    Let's see... 585 and... well... I'm not sure I'd risk making a dozen or so calls asking "Is 289 there?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne,

    My friend request is pending...


    awesome.

    I almost posted on his wall.. then decided I'm already crazy, I don't want to push it too far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ryan: You could just ask to order one of the awesome The Kaleta! shirts...

    ReplyDelete