Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Got the Call

by Ryan

We usually don't break news stories here, but I just felt the need to tell you all something very important:

I got the call.

Yep, with Nathan concussed and out indefinitely we are once again one defenseman short. With Rochester depleted already and Darcy in a pinch he called the best option available: me.

Now don't get all excited just yet, I haven't even been fitted for a jersey. I think I'm a size 46, but if they need to give me a replica I'll take a large, number 81 if you will. If you haven't figured it out, I'm a cocky Slovikian winger at heart, but I'll do whatever it takes to put us in the playoffs. Of course, I'll still pretend to make that phone call when I light the lamp.

Please don't worry, I'm more than qualified. Not only can I skate backwards, but I've even played a bit of D during pickup. I'm a natural. Not only that, but I have my own equipment and can drive myself after 9pm, something most of our players in Rochester can't do. I know Michael Funk can get a hold of his Mom's minivan for tomorrow night, but do you really want to wait around for his older brother to pick him up afterwards? Me either.

Hrm... I just checked my recent calls log and Darcy's office number didn't come up. Must have just been a dream. Well, I'll just sit by the phone for a while and wait for the inevitable. It's only a matter of time until I'm the best option left.


God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment