Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"Baby" Joe to Enter Political Ring

From the University at Buffalo's student newspaper, The Spectrum, who met up with Mesi at Ilio DiPaolo's restaurant for a scholarship dinner:

http://spectrum.buffalo.edu/article.php?id=35970


Local sports figure "Baby" Joe Mesi announced Tuesday night that he is officially running for New York State Senate in the 61st district.

"I figure the only thing dirtier than the boxing business is politics,"Mesi joked.


Mesi, who will run as a Democrat, is looking to fill the seat that is currently held my Sen. Mary Lou Rath, a Republican from Williamsville. Rath intends to retire at the end of her term. She has been in the New York State Senate since 1993.


"I've always had politics in my blood," Mesi said. "I've come from a political family. They've asked me about running for a different political seat over the years, but it was never a good time because I was in my prime with my career. My career is not going on too much longer, so I'm going to focus on this campaign and be a full-time senator."


1 comment: