Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Quote of the Year

by Ryan

From TSN.ca:

"It's tough in this city to censorize anything. I've been known to take out the trash naked from time to time. Now with all these allegations with Jiri I don't know if I'm going to feel safer out there." -Wade Belak


Wow. There is so much there to talk about there.

First of all, censorize is not a word. I even cut Wade some slack and checked Urban Dictionary. Now don't go and give me the Fred Durst Defense, Belak is obviously not as smart as Durst. (It takes a high IQ to match your hat with your outfit...)

Moving on, let's look at the text I placed in bold: I've been known to take out the trash naked.

Wait... how many people knew you did this prior? I mean, until you let the world know you do your part in sanitation with no clothes on, how many people were aware of this? Just your family? Is the Neighborhood Watch aware of the situation? Are there throngs of teenage girls asking for their Leafs jerseys signed weekly?

I mean, who takes out the garbage naked? Anyone? I barely want to wear sweats to get my mail on most days, let alone embrace the wilderness with Rubbermaid in hand. Suddenly some Czech rookie showing his junk online isn't the biggest problem the Leafs have.

Seriously, this is going to affect the way I watch Sabres/Leafs games. When Wade gets that solid three minutes a night, my mind will wander to a list of household tasks necessary for any nudist with a mortgage payment. (Cutting the grass must be dangerous...)

I'm with you on one thing, Wade, I don't feel any safer now either.

No comments:

Post a Comment