Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Take That, Roenick

by Ryan


Okay, so ESPN.com doesn't have the best of hockey coverage. I know I haven't been the biggest of fans, but when they put a Sabre atop one of their lists, you claim victory and cherish it forever.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure if I would put him first on the list of greatest American-born hockey players. I usually don't make my decisions based on "if/then" statements (If he wasn't hurt, then...). Also, that fear of Jeremy Roenick ripping my face off for questioning his greatness looms large.

Still, Pat LaFontaine was the first Sabre that made me fall in love with hockey. To this day I remember his last game with the Sabres, listening on the radio and trying to picture just how bad that hit was. He would play with the Rangers for another season, but I never forgot how good he was with Buffalo, even plagued with PCS.

To celebrate the occasion, I present you with the obligatory YouTube video of Pat doing his thing. I decided against his Top 10 Goals after I found one of the coolest moments in Sabres history.




Still gets to me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment