Monday, January 14, 2008

People of Atlanta, Lend Me Your Ears!

By Chris

On November 8 I saw a link on NHL.com that advertised a way to get All-Star Game tickets. I said, "Hey, why not?" The link took me to the Thrashers website where I signed up to be "Thrashers Fan #29" and I got this e-mail:


That's right, buy three, get one free PLUS the All-Star Game, which includes the Skills and the actual game. They even give you a chance to resell the tickets you can't use. Essentially get the All-Star Game for free! But I waited. I had no intention of going, as I'm a poor college kid, I just wanted to see what it would take for the NHL to sell this game out.


On December 18 I received this e-mail.


Let's focus on the term "very limited."

According to Merriam-Webster (Do you believe that dictionaries were once actually books? What a world):
Main Entry:
very

Pronunciation:
\ˈver-ē, ˈve-rē\
Function:
adjective
special particular

Main Entry:
lim·it·ed

Pronunciation:
\ˈli-mə-təd\
Function:
adjective

1 a: confined within limits

Basically, very limited would be a particular number of seats are available and there aren't a helluva lot of seats there so get em fast.

So to my surprise (or maybe not, since it is Atlanta), I went on that site again twenty five minutes ago, just for kicks and found this:


If you clicked on the image so you can actually read it, then you're reading that right. Just under two weeks away and you can still get six (SIX!!!!!!!) seats in a row. The game will sell out, I'm just surprised it's taking this long.

Man them Atlantans sure love the hockey.

UPDATE 1/16: With final individual tickets released to the public today, THE GAME HAS SOLD OUT! HURRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment