Thursday, January 31, 2008

Too Little Too Late

by Ryan

I checked my phone's inbox today at 4:05 PM.

From: Marv Levy Collective Bills Management
Reminder: Kevin Everett will appear on the Oprah Winfrey Show today at 4PM. Txt STOP 2 quit.
Jan 31, 3:50 PM.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not OPRAH!! How could they only give me ten minutes notice?!? IT'S NOT FAIR!



Sorry, but I thought getting reminders to watch daytime TV from the Bills was a once in a lifetime thing. Too bad I had things to do or I would have given Oprah a chance. Because, you know... I never watch it or anything... ahem.

In other Kevin Everett news, the TE actually had to turn down an invitation to the State of the Union address, but will be attending the Super Bowl. That's something pretty cool in itself, but you have to marvel at how far he has come along since that first game. I'm not sure what he feels about the Bush Administration's foreign policy, but I'm sure he would enjoy the big game.

If you want to hear more about Everett, here's a good story from ABC News, and ESPN is running a SportsCenter Special: "The Remarkable Recovery" tomorrow on ESPN2 at 8PM.

It's not often that we openly promote The Four Letter, but this seems like a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment