Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Name That Role Player



seriously, we need a nickname for this kid that cross ice pass was insane

That was the title of the post in draft after last night's game. I figured by today I would have a few ideas in my head as to what Daniel Paille's nickname should be.

I got nothing.

All I know is that this kid is slowly becoming a force on the team, and that pass to Pominville was something that would never have happened a year ago. His growth in the offensive zone has been phenomenal, and he still maintains a solid forecheck with Hecht and Pommers.

I picked the wrong player to make "the leap" this year. While Stafford has faltered at times Paille has gotten better and better in almost every aspect of his game. Leading the team in +/- isn't an accident, not to mention a gaudy 21.7%(!?!) shot percentage.

"Piesie" ain't gonna cut it, so what's it going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment