Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Roby Forecasts the Trap

by Ryan




Now what I'm gonna show you here is the Devils, they do this thing called the trap.



See here? The defenseman is carrying the puck up the ice, Spacek here, and if you look up at the blueline there are four Devils back. (There's one behind me but I'm not moving you can't make me...)

Okay let it go, guys...

STOP IT HERE!!!



You see? Spacek can't make the pass and the forewards are caught up at the blueline. This is gonna cause a turnover and maybe even an odd man rush.

So what should they do? Well, let me get out of the way for you and I'll let Jaro show you:



RIGHT THERE! Dump the puck, Pumpkinhead! Attaboy!



You see? You put the puck behind that defensive wall and make the forwards chase it out. It means you're going to see a lot of banging on the boards, but it's better then an odd man rush the other way.



Kevin: So, what happens if the defensemen gets there first?



WELL HOW SHOULD I KNOW? Jeez, they've won three Stanley Cups this way; I'm just talking about winning tonight! You know what? Fine, temperatures will be in the low 50s in the building tonight, with a 10% chance of shutout.

You keep your mouth shut, Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment