Friday, February 1, 2008

Sweet

by Ryan

Those of you that have been reading the site for a while know that I am a bit of a collector. In fact, last week I was pretty pumped to pick up an O-Pee-Chee Patrick Kane rookie and haven't had an excuse to talk about until now.

With that in mind, it's pretty exciting to get a link like this tossed your way on a Friday afternoon.



That is a very, very cool figure.

I've been really happy with McFarlane's work in the sports market since Starting Lineup stopped making those skinny little action figures so long ago. The life-like quality of the work is just downright stunning. The bodies, expressions, and even stick models match to the letter, something that just isn't there with other brands. I have a Jonathan Papelbon figure that would scare A-Rod into a weak check swing all by itself.

The price is pretty good as well. You'd be hard pressed to get one of these in your local Target, and any other shop I've seen has these in the $20+ price range. I haven't been to D&A in a little while, but it looks like I'll have to stop by soon.

Also, looks like McFarlane makes Jocelyn Thibault figurines as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment