Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chubbs is Gonna Sue

by Ryan

How many times do you watch a movie and see something you'd like to have in real life? For example, who wouldn't want a flux capacitor or anything James Bond has of use. Then there's the thing you would try at least once, just to see what it's like. Anything from the Good Burger menu fits that category. Also on the list, at least for me, is this:



The putter with a hockey blade head from "Happy Gilmore". Who wouldn't give that a try on one hole? With the way I play, it couldn't hurt my game. Well, now's my chance.



Hockey and golf are very different sports. But together, you can show your passion for play on the ice during a round on the links. The Hockey Stick Putters NHL® team golf putter is a precision weighted flat blade with a compression molded graphite shaft, a cast aluminum alloy blade and moisture prof putter grip. The team's logo is stitched on a head cover. This putter can be used by both left- and right-handed golfers.


I think that description offers more questions than answers, really. First of all, what are the intellectual property rights for that kind of thing? This is the first time I've seen anything like it on the market, but the idea isn't exactly new. Does Happy Madison get any profits from this, or at the very least a hat tip? Also, who the hell would buy something like this thinking, "Yeah, this is just what I was missing from my short game..."

So far they have seven teams to pick from, including the Leafs. Hey, that one will be getting plenty of action next spring. Now while $115 bucks is kind of a lot when you consider how much use I would get out of it, it's still a better value then that Maxim Afinogenov jersey I bought last year...

2 comments: