Thursday, June 26, 2008

Facebooking the Draft Class: Justin Jokinen

by Ryan

Last year we did profiles on the four Sabres draft picks we found on Facebook. This year we thought we would do it a little different, so we asked if they would answer some questions for us. We were worried they wouldn't be interested, but the answers we received surprised us.

Today we talk to Justin Jokinen, the Sabres' 4th round (101 overall) pick. The Minnesota native was more than willing to talk to us, but his brevity is a result of communication via Facebook Mobile. He did, however, say that this was completely intentional:



Thomas Vanek is impressed.

In any event here's Justin, and below is what Justin had to say.



The Goose's Roost: Be honest, what’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear “Buffalo”?

Justin Jokinen: When I think of Buffalo now all I think about is the NHL team. I'm really excited about being drafted.


The Goose's Roost: You are known as a finesse player with an “uncanny ability to put the puck in the net”. Describe your game in your own words.

Justin Jokinen: I find myself as a finesse player as well I like to be in control. I like having the puck and making the plays, scoring the goals.


The Goose's Roost: What do you think of the Sabres’ logo?

Justin Jokinen: I think the Sabres logo is awesome. I think it's one of the coolest ones among all the NHL logos.


The Goose's Roost: Why should Sabres fans be excited about picking you?

Justin Jokinen: Sabres fans should be happy because I am hoping to someday make a big impact for their team.


The Goose's Roost: We have to ask: you’re not related to Oli or Jussi, are you?

(Edit: We're taking the non-answer as a "no")


The Goose's Roost: Are you a Wild fan?

Justin Jokinen: I didn't have a favorite NHL team at the time but now being drafted by Buffalo I do.


The Goose's Roost: What kind of stick do you use? Ovechkin blade? (Justin compares himself to Ovechkin)

Justin Jokinen: I use the curve "Iginla."


The Goose's Roost: There’s a video of you shooting from your knees in that All Star Game. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done on the ice?

Justin Jokinen: I have also put the puck between my legs and top shelfed it before.


The Goose's Roost: What are your plans for next year?

Justin Jokinen: My plans for next year are play at Minnesota State (Mankato) for however long Buffalo shall want me there.


Now that's what we want to hear.

1 comment:

  1. "Justin Jokinen: I think the Sabres logo is awesome. I think it's one of the coolest ones among all the NHL logos."

    Lies! We know the slug is ugly, but I must say, the slug is growing on me. I give him major points for the nice gesture though.

    ReplyDelete