Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Word Count Is Important.

by Ryan



That picture is stolen.

I didn't photograph the bottom of the Aud's jumbotron, and I found it on the series of tubes, so it is stolen. However, I'm not making any money off of it, and I didn't photoshop a penis onto it, so I'd like to think I'm not doing anything awful by posting it here.

However, I may have to be a bit more careful with what we put in this space according to this from Kuklas Korner.



See what I did there? That's what you are supposed to do when you use information on the Internet. First you show where you got it from, then you use it to your discretion. If I posted an entire AP recap in this space, it would probably not sit well with them, right?

Well, now only four words sit well with them, and if I go over that it's $7.50. Hey, that's non-profit price, too; you should see how much it costs when you want to make a living.

So what should we do now? I've been stealing AP pictures for months without permission and nothing has happened. What happens when I quote something and I don't pay? Will they come at me with a suit? Will the po-po be knocking on my door?

Well, I don't want to find out, so from now on we will stick to within the limits the AP gives us. Let's give it a try.

Here's an interesting piece on the NHL's transfer agreement expiring with the IIHF:

The National Hockey League


How about this article on the Hall of Fame inductees:

The induction ceremony will


Finally, what about this article about Ryan Suter's new contract:

“To your new contract,”


Well I feel very informed after skimming those over. I really got a feel for what the story is trying to tell me, and if I'm interested in what it has to say, I think I just may click through that link to read the rest. After all, you can't just paraphrase it and not link at all, that would be wrong.

Hrm, that may not work as well as I hoped. I guess I'll have to keep on keepin' on and see what happens. So in closing, we here in the Goose's Roost have a message for the Associated Press, and they can feel free to quote us. In fact, we can do it within the four words they require:

Come and get us.

1 comment:

  1. http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/16/the-ap-hot-news-and-hotheaded-blogs/

    Apparently, they may have changed their mind.

    ReplyDelete