Monday, July 14, 2008

Who is The Most Insignificant Sabre of the Last Decade?

By Jon

For those keeping up with The Most Insignificant Sabre of the Last Decade series we've been running, the day has finally come for you to cast your vote! Make your voice heard by voting in the poll posted at the top of the right sidebar, just underneath the header. Or, you can click here, if that's easier for you.

Voting will be open until Monday, July 21st at 5:00 PM Eastern. After voting closes, we will crown our winner and make sure we pay our respects with a fitting tribute. If you vote, feel free to back up your choice in the comment section of this post.

For those who need to review our six finalists, here are the links:

Also, here is the link to the original post.

Remember, your vote needs to be cast by Monday July 21st at 5:00 PM.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going with J-Ho. And to the guy who wears his wild goat home Holland jersey to HSBC---my apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty amazing list. I'm still going with Hecl, but I think Pittis or Kruse are both solid choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote Hecl. I have zero memory of this guy in any way, shape or form.

    interesting, though, that the other 5 guys were actually forces to be reckoned with in various video games. holland, pittis, grand pierre and kruse were heavyweights in the days of playstation 1, and i believe taylor was a salvagable forward on nhl 03.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great point, bk. Think about playing with the Sabres before the lockout. I remember scoring 20 goals with a guy like Taylor just because he was on a decent line. Satan made pretty much anyone work if you tried hard enough.

    My vote was for Pittis, but I think Hecl may take it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be my Rochester bias coming through, but Taylor shouldn't even be on this list. He was a solid contributor.

    I can't vote for Hecl because his name is too close to Hecht. I distinctly remember him playing because of that.

    Pittis had too much hype to be most insignificant.

    Grand-Pierre is too famous for being "the big black defenceman with two last names".

    For me it's a tossup between Holland and Kruse. I'm going with Kruse.

    ReplyDelete