Monday, November 24, 2008

Montreal No More

by Ryan

I was watching the Sabres a few days ago and noticed Teppo wasn't using his usual stick. On the surface that seems like a very perceptive observation, but with Teppo Numminen it's an easy thing to do. He happens to own his own stick company, Montreal Sports Ltd, a company his father Kallu started.



This is Teppo a few games ago, clearly using a Warrior stick like Thomas Vanek and a few others on the team. You have to wonder why he would change like that, as surely he is getting a lot of say in what Montreal manufactures. Maybe he's just trying something different, right?

Well, this explains it. Warrior bought Teppo's company back in late September. I guess that explains the stick, but I'm surprised I didn't hear about this elsewhere. The Buffalo News or somebody had to have this and I just missed it, right?



Here's Marty Biron on Friday night, another well-documented Montreal guy. Looks like everyone has been transferred to Warrior, so they probably aren't making sticks at all. I know this isn't that big a deal, but it's about the most exciting thing going on with Sabres hockey. Tomorrow's inane observation: Ryan Miller's eyes, lazy or crooked eyebrows?

7 comments:

  1. I definitely read somewhere or heard it during a game that Teppo sold the company, but no details (none that stuck anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured as much but I was just sort of surprised I didn't remember it myself. If anything I hope someone comes and says "You're stupid they said it ____" so I will know for sure.

    Well, they could be a bit more polite then that I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't you read?

    Warrior tuotteet nyt saatavilla hyvin varustetuista urheiluliikkeistä, käy tsekkaamassa !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow's inane observation: Ryan Miller's eyes, lazy or crooked eyebrows?
    Definitely crooked eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember reading it a while back in the News I think (maybe on their 'blog'). Teppo was okay with it as the company hadn't been doing great and it freed him of a distraction...let me find the link if I can.

    Miller's crooked eyebrows ain't got nothing on Staffy's Angry Eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Staffy waxes his eyebrows now - not such a one-liner anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomorrow's inane observation: Ryan Miller's eyes, lazy or crooked eyebrows?

    A little from column A, a little from column B.

    ReplyDelete