Thursday, November 27, 2008

What Ryan's Thankful For

by Ryan

I'm thankful for Dustin Pedrioa, Youk, and Josh Beckett for gutting out Game Six. I'm thankful for Paul Gaustad, Thomas Vanek's hockey mind, and Pat Kaleta's enthusiasm. I'm thankful for Marshawn Lynch and Donte Whitner. But most of all, I'm thankful for sports fans like myself.

Without people to talk to about the stars we love none of this would be any fun. So thanks to my Dad for handing me that first football, friends for letting me know when there's open ice, and the person next to me at hockey games that's willing to discuss the forecheck. Watching sports is much more fun in crowds, so to anyone who has been part of a crowd with me, I say thank you.

Most of all, I'm thankful for whoever is reading this. You, the reader, is what this whole blog is about. So thank you for stopping by, whether every day or just when fun things happen. We appreciate every visit, comment, and email. Thank you for challenging us with opinions and keeping us honest when we mess things up real nice. We're not going anywhere, and hopefully you won't be either.

Oh, and whoever sent that link to Deadspin yesterday, thank you. That was fun. We owe you a slice of pie somewhere down the line.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment