Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day Matinee

by Ryan

Weird start time, so let's go with some quick hits to tide you over until mid-day fun starts.

- The Tick took the time to upload some Dan Paille clips to YouTube this weekend. Lots of buzz for the kid early, and it's nice to see him live up to it so far.

- Apparently we need to start attending cooler block parties.

- Speaking of Goose, guess who is on the cover of the NHL's "Reflections" photo book this year?


I don't know if I'd drop $35+shipping for one photo of Gaustad, but that's pretty cool he got the nod.

- I've been thinking over my thoughts from the weekend and decided that he might play more than thirteen games after all. So, I'm probably going to have to address him at some point. I think the best way to fix this is to simply call him "Number 19" for the rest of the season. Or until he breaks the 70 point mark. Yes, I'm serious about both.

- We have had out NHL picks ready for a few days now, but we've been waiting on Rich. If he doesn't have them in by game time we will post them and he can add his in later. Feel free to play along in the comments when they come.

- To reiterate everyone's thoughts from Friday (I just watched the game again...), Vanek looks for real, The power play needs to get better, I liked what I saw, and Derek Roy is adorable. Then again, yesterday so was I, so what does that matter?



Happy Amerigo Vespucci Day. Enjoy the game.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'd drop $35+shipping for one photo of Gaustad, but that's pretty cool he got the nod.

    NO!!! There are 2! He's on the back cover, as well. There might be other Sabres pictures in it, as I would expect, but it's shrink-wrapped, so a bit hard to tell. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. and Derek Roy is adorable.

    What now?

    ReplyDelete