Monday, October 20, 2008

The Day After

by Ryan

Just a few thoughts after a particularly interesting weekend:

- It's interesting to look back at the intel report ESPN gives for the Chargers/Bills game. The only person to pick the Bills in a "pick" game was Jaws. I can't wait for him to rave about Trent's pocket presence on November 12th. That will be fun.

- Also, those "intel reports" will be added to the gameday prep posts for sure. Wish I had seen those earlier.

- Looking around the major sites today, the only person to give the Bills any play is Vic Carucci. I know there were some television issues yesterday, but does anyone outside of Buffalo know the Bills and Chargers played? Like, Buffalo won, right? Can Vic page the media outside the 716 or something?

- Quick fantasy note: don't be that guy in the league that makes an awful trade then spends the rest of the year justifying it. No, you are not better off trading away Steve Slaton for broken ribs. Give it up.

- With all the craziness going on in the league right now, isn't it nice to just be comfortable with where your team is at? When was the last time you felt that way about your football team?

- I think the term "terrorist flotation device" needs to be used much, much more often.

- I'm going to the Sabres/Bruins game tomorrow, and I'm having a bit of a crisis here. Which jersey do I wear?



Winter Classic Goose, or...



Throwback Afinogenov. I'm thinking the former, but I'm still undecided. Any thoughts?

9 comments:

  1. I vote for Winter Classic Goose.

    Just so you know, your link to ESPN's intel just re-loads your blog page. Fix that, will ya? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fixed, thank you. I guess when you don't fill in the html it just links back to your own page. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latter - at least Max will be on the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goose... at least he will be with the organization for years to come. Plus it's Goose... HONK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max - How much longer do you think you'll be able to wear that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I vote Max. He needs your support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goose jersey easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. max, but only because goose isn't playing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. max, but only because goose isn't playing...

    ReplyDelete