Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A great big bear, a way up there!

By Jon

Not really sure if this qualifies for sports news, but apparently a descendant of Davy Crockett has killed a 445-pound bear.

Big deal, right? Well...... I guess the conquerer of said bear is a ripe 5-years old.

I'm not an outdoorsman by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm sure this will draw the ire of hunters everywhere, but for some reason I don't see this as an accomplishment. I'll take the human with a gun over a bear any day of the week. But this story does beg to ask one question..............


WHY ON EARTH DOES A FIVE-YEAR-OLD HAVE ACCESS TO A GUN?

Not to get all "gun safety laws" on everyone, but for some reason I feel like this shouldn't happen. What kind of five-year-old has enough common sense to handle a weapon properly?

And if anyone disagrees, I would love to hear the pro five-year-old gun owners argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment