Monday, December 17, 2007

The Snow Game

by Ryan


The Sabres don't play until Wednesday. That means the final score of 8-0 will sit with me for a long time.

I'm not sure what there is to say about yesterday's game. It was one of the more frustrating Bills games I've ever watched. Weather was most certainly a factor, and with conditions the way they were it's hard to take anything away from the game other then the final score.

8-0. The Bills allowed eight points and lost. Sometimes that's just how it goes.

The fact of the matter is that this team is not playoff worthy. Heck, this team plus 14 players on IR may not be a playoff team; but you know what? I'm okay with it.

The Buffalo Bills are 7-7, and more than likely will finish at .500. After the devastating start to the season we had, I'd say there is most certainly a silver lining in that number. As we always say around here, next year will be different.

Still, today I'm not thinking about numbers. My thoughts rest on the emotions I'm left with after yesterday's game. The excitement that came with that first glimpse of snowy chaos in Cleveland, and the feeling deep in my stomach when Josh Reed missed that block and I realized it was over.

We will miss the playoffs once again. For those that can't handle change, it will be very comfortable around Buffalo the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment