Monday, December 10, 2007

Them? Again? Really?

by Ryan


After a trip out West to face teams they haven't seen in two years, the Sabres come back home to a familiar opponent.



At this point, what don't we know about the Bruins?

Savard is a beast, and averages over a point a game against us. If he scores tonight I wouldn't be shocked.

Phil Kessel has one testicle and is also shaping into a very good hockey player. He and Savard make me pretty weary of a shootout scenario. (Not that we've had one at all this year, but you never know...)

I like Glen Metropolit, and I heard someone else say the same thing over the weekend. I feel vindicated by this.

Since we last played them they have a new goaltender, Raask or something. I don't feel like looking it up, but I remember his name kind of sounds like he is a Tuscan Raider from Star Wars. Whatever, we barely score goals anymore as it is, why not throw a mythical creature out there?

Jon and I were talking about this earlier, but this is the first year we've really hated playing our division rivals eight times per year, and it's because of the Bruins. I dislike them, they play us tough, and when it comes down to it, I'd rather play a few more teams out West because they are more fun to play.

I know that problem is fixed come next year, but there are only so many times you can play a team before you know everything there is to know about them. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I will say I doubt I am surpised by anything that happens tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment