Saturday, December 1, 2007

Stormy, Soupy, and Sparky- Saturday Storybook

by Ryan


The Hurricanes have six players with a higher point total then our leading scorer.

June 1st, 2006.

Their fans are... for the most part awful excuses for human beings.

But what I hate the most about the Caroline Hurricanes is their mascot, Stormy the Pig.



Look at that. I wasn't aware a stuffed animal could be classified as a "douchebag" until that thing came to fruition.

I have a serious problem with mascots that make no sense. Stormy fits into this category. I'm not saying we have the best of mascots in Buffalo (Why is Billy Buffalo purple?!?), but at the very least the species of mascot somehow fits the team moniker.

Sabretooth- Sabres. Billy Buffalo- Bills.

Stormy the Pig- Hurricanes?

I get the first name, that's quite witty; but what does a hurricane have to do with pigs? Is there a large number swine farms displaced by tropical storms that I'm not aware of?

I think this pretty much sums things up. It may be petty, but when you hate a team, you hate every aspect of that team, including the moron that's made of 20% foam padding.

----

According to the Sabres "blog", Brian Campbell is the captain for December. I know that makes a certain Jon quite happy, but I of course am crushed. However, this still leaves the door open for a Winter Classic Gaustad jersey. Maybe this is for the best...

----

Also from the website...

Adam Mair will be playing tonight, something I am very excited about. I really like Mair's game, and he isn't the most productive offensive player we have, but the lineup has a more balanced look when he's in it. Adam had a very philosophical take on his return:

"This is pretty much when I've been ready to play," said Mair. "I don't think I could have played before this.


Uh... thanks Adam.

This means Sparky MacArthur is getting shipped down the 90. It was fun while it lasted, but I'd much rather have a healthy lineup, even if it means seeing him go. To be honest, he wasn't playing as well in recent games, and a more experienced lineup will help take care of those youthful mistakes Lindy was talking about.

Hurricanes at Sabres. 7 PM.

Be careful with Erik Cole, boys. He's Fra-gi-le.

No comments:

Post a Comment