Friday, April 4, 2008

A Return to Tralfamadore

by Ryan


"That's one thing Earthlings might learn to do, if they tried hard enough: Ignore the awful times, and concentrate on the good ones."

-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

It is a quote I seem to come back to often. Late at night when the realities of life come to find me, I remember those words of advice. While I am not unstuck in time, and my breath does not smell of mustard gas and roses, I too seek the position of a nihilist tonight.

Some sleep and a bit of perspective will quell this feeling, I promise. However, for now the product of 81 games has left me exhausted. Yet no matter how tiring I do not want it to end. On Saturday it will. For tonight, consider me spent.

So it goes.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Is that YOUR stuffed animal slug? hehe
    2. Congrats, Chris!
    3. I was looking for a "sad Adam Mair" picture for my post. I saw tears.
    4. ... Done :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this is late, but...

    The slug isn't mine, they are a bunch of pictures I stole from a few places, mostly here. Needless to say, I wish I had one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing post!... just amazing

    ReplyDelete