Saturday, December 20, 2008

Buffalo Sports Fan's Christmas List VI

by Ryan

Last year we did a sarcastic Secret Santa series around the holiday season, but this year we thought it would be nice to actually help you out. Every day until Christmas we will give you something to give the Buffalo Sports fan in your life. Think of it as the gift guide for the depressed guy/girl who has everything nothing. Some will be useful, some will be pointless, and all will be accepted if you want to give us a present.

Today we'll give you two things that also might ship before Christmas. Not to get all Bill Simmons on you, but if you want to give someone a non-sports related gift involving the interwebs I'd go with an Amazon Prime membership. I spent a bunch of money on Amazon back in August and got a free three month membership. I'd never pay $80 bucks for it myself, but if someone were to do it for me I'd be thrilled. Free two day shipping is a thing of beauty.

Anyway, over the weekend I'm going to give two Bills-related things that you could get in time for the big day from Amazon. The first is "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, a book about Bills history.



I actually bought this for my girlfriend last Christmas, and from what I've heard it was a pretty good read. I haven't "borrowed" it back yet but I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. There are a lot of books out there about Buffalo sports, but something like this seems pretty necessary. You can't read about all the bad stuff at once, and just reading about the good times would feel like something was... missing. I think if you're going to pick just one book you should make sure it distinctly points out the balance.

Check back tomorrow for something much more uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment