Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Phaneufed?

by Ryan


You had to laugh a little when you heard it.



"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary. I love Canada," Avery said in front of cameras. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."


I'd love to know the context this came from, but either way I think suspending him was a bit surprising. It's not often the NHL acts that quickly on much of anything. Then again, Mike Peca was suspended ten games earlier this year for something I still haven't seen, so who knows?

Overall it's probably a good idea to take care of this before things escalate, but what do you think? Is this something the league needs more of, or is anything Sean Avery does a waste of oxygen? Do you even care?

2 comments:

  1. I hate Avery as much as the next guy, but suspending him seems a little silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They suspended him before things got out of hand during the Calgary game. That is absolutely ridiculous. He said it, now he should back it up. "Content detrimental to the league" my butt.

    ReplyDelete