Monday, December 22, 2008

Buffalo Sports Fan's Christmas List VIII

by Ryan

Last year we did a sarcastic Secret Santa series around the holiday season, but this year we thought it would be nice to actually help you out. Every day until Christmas we will give you something to give the Buffalo Sports fan in your life. Think of it as the gift guide for the depressed guy/girl who has everything nothing. Some will be useful, some will be pointless, and all will be accepted if you want to give us a present.

Today we go with some DVDs that could still get here in time if you need them that bad. First off is Chris' recommendation, Sports Night.



I didn't watch Sports Night that much, so maybe Chris can convince you in the comments. However, if you know someone that did and need to drop $60 bucks on them fast, I'd do this. Here's my pick:



The Mighty Ducks.

The great thing about this movie is that half of it is completely absurd, but if you're seven years old it's probably the most magical sports movie of all time. Watching it years later makes you remember how ridiculous it really is, but that gives it a charm you rarely get out of youth hockey. Most times it just looks plain ridiculous. If you have a twenty-something hockey fan on the list or maybe a squirt or two, this might do the trick.

Is anyone still Christmas Shopping today? Because, well... I am.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but good things about Sports Night. The DVD set is on my Christmas list, since I adore most of what Aason Sorkin writes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own the original series set, not the anniversary series set. I enjoy it alot which reminds me I should sit down and watch that again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching Mighty Ducks at our age just reminds you of how totally ridiculous it is and why its so great all in one package. Mighty Ducks 2 is even more ridiculously implausible. I bought a Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 combo DVD a few months back, it was like $7 at Best Buy.

    And yes, I finished Christmas shopping today. I feared for my life in the parking lots.

    ReplyDelete