Saturday, August 23, 2008

Serious Question

by Ryan

If you haven't heard the news, the City of Buffalo is one of three finalists for the 2011 World Juniors tournament. This is absolutely fantastic news, and I'm pumped about the announcement.

Here's the serious part: Is there anything we as fans can do to help us get this thing? Now I don't mean a "this would be awesome we should totally do it" kinda thing, because we all know it's more complicated than that. However, I think showing the IIHF and USA Hockey how important this event can be to the area would be a huge help in winning the right to host this event.

So I suppose I come here with a request. I know it's a Saturday and no one reads on the weekend, but if you have any ideas about what we could do to help make this happen, I'm all ears. Also, if you have any ideas about who to contact to ask questions or find out more information, I'm here to hear it.

If you can't tell, I'm completely serious about this. If anything, I'm extremely interested in finding out just how this process works. Once we have that answered and get a better idea of what we can do, I'm more than willing to play a part in it happening.

When have we done anything of real value with our blogs and interest in hockey? Why not try to pump $6 million into the Western New York economy and see some great hockey along the way? Buffalo is the perfect place and the near future is the perfect time to host an event like this, and whoever needs convincing that is the case, well, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Ideas? Anyone?

3 comments:

  1. I don't think there is much that a fan can do to try and sway the committees vote. Right now we might have the inside track to the games because the other two finalists have held the games before. Therefore, we may just be able to get this thing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog Action Day - pick a day and float requests to all to participate (via WNY Media, email, ??).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. I like your moxie, Ryan! I'd be willing to actively campaign on our behalf.

    ReplyDelete