Saturday, August 30, 2008

Something in the Air

by Ryan

The above isn't a Phil Collins quote, nor is it it from ABBA. Actually, it may be a little of both. Whatever.

Today the Bills made their last cuts, and I've been thinking about the home opener all day. For the first time in months the there is a sense that football is close, so close I can't help but get excited about it. For the next seventeen weeks things are going to get really interesting around here, and I'm really, really, really excited.

So excited I decided I'm going to the home opener.

I just dropped $130 bucks on two upper deck tickets, and I'll be there in a week. Bear in mind that my entire Sabres minipack was only $180, but that's beside the point. I'm going because, well... I feel like I should be there.

Later in the week there will be a "season preview" post, which will really just ramble on and on about the Bills and what they mean to the area and all that stuff. However, when we get there I'll talk about something important that happened this week, and this purchase is a direct result of that. Trust me, it will make sense in a few days.

All I know right now is I can't wait to get to that sack race. The countdown starts now.

3 comments:

  1. I really thought last year's segment giving a brief analysis and prediction of each division was a great way to (pardon the pun) kick off the season. It also was good to see the follow up after the season expired.

    If someone has time, I would really like to see that again! Great posts as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where you sitting? I picked up a seat in 313.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 339. Right in the corner, but row three. What are you thinking?

    ReplyDelete