Tuesday, August 5, 2008

SuperSonic Delight

by Ryan

So if you haven't figured out by now, I am currently just over 800 miles away from home. To be specific, I'm spending the week in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Let's face it, the life of a blogger is hard work, and even though I'm on vacation, well, the site would shut down if I stopped posting.

Therefore, I am going to tell you about something I promised I would one day do: Visit a Sonic.

If you may remember, a few months back I was watching March Madness and got bombarded with Sonic commercials. Holy crap those drinks look good. Upon checking their website, I found that the nearest one was 180.4 miles away from my house. It was at that moment I decided I had to get to a Sonic eventually, and this trip was going to be the perfect opportunity.

So we were driving down the road one day...



WAIT! TURN IT!



Uh-oh. What are we getting? (That's just side one...)



My selection: a #2 with a large Cherry Limeade.



Indeed.



My meal in the... flesh? Should have gotten more fries.



It's a burger pouch. Amazing.



The ice pellets, which were soon devoured as well. It was as good as it looks on tv.




Yes, we swung around to take a picture of the sign. The moral of the story is this: Sonic is a great fast food restaurant, and not too expensive either. Needless to say, we are going back.

Was it worth the hype? Yeah, it was. For the amount of hype 3,000 commercials showing slushies and burgers can generate, it sure lived up to it. If you are going somewhere this summer, I'd try hitting one up. Be sure to report back here if you do.

9 comments:

  1. Sonic is the most glorious thing ever. I go every time I visit my best friend in Texas. I recommend the pineapple vanilla sprite. I know it sounds gross, but trust me, it's deliciousness in a non-biodegradable cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a theory about soft drinks: they all taste better in a non-boidegradable cup. When Hills used to exist, their cherry coke was amazing because of it. Also, if you ever go to Fudruckers, get the to-go cups. They won't decompose in a landfill, but you will walk away satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you wire tapping my conversations with Wrap Around Curl? We were just discussing Sonic and how I want Sonic and we don't have Sonic.

    /jealous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work at Sonic. I know all the drink secrets. I recommend ordering a: blended Dr Pepper float with cherry.

    A mouthful but so amazing.

    Also, try the onion rings. They are a religious experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonic ice. Heaven in a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I unleashed Wrap on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonic is awesome, and their commercials here drive me crazy. My wife got hooked visiting my family in Virginia Beach (and hers when there were some in NC). Also, Sheetz for the trip down and back once the Sonics fade in the rearview.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheetz is the way to go once you cross the NY/PA border. Consistently clean with cheap fountain drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next time get Tater Tots instead of fries. You won't be disappointed. And good choice on the cherry limeade.

    ReplyDelete