Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yellow Paint and Wire Mesh

by Ryan




I would say something kind about Yankee Stadium, but I've never been there in my life. There was just something that held me back, probably the fact that wearing a Sox hat in that place would get my face caved in.

Either way, as you read the Red Sox are playing their last game ever in Yankee Stadium, and I have to admit it feels odd.

Now I'm not going to say I have many great memories about the place, because according to a YES Network graphic the Sox are 200 or so games below .500 at the Stadium. However, one of the greatest moments of my life was when the Red Sox won Game Seven of the 2004 ALCS in Yankee Stadium.

I may lose my hearing at any moment, but I will never forget the sound of Mark Bellhorn's home run off the shrieking off foul pole to put it away. It sounded like a million cats being shanked by a paper clip while the tears of Yankee fans rained down from the upper deck. It was glorious.

So here's to you foul pole, thanks for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment